Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert Pirsig

I had heard about this book for a while. Something people thought I should read. Higgy's old boss recommended it as well and that was enough for him to buy it years ago. Not enough for him to read it, but it was piled in with the rest of his books. When we went through to clear some shelf space, he decided he was never going to read it. So, it fell into my pile.

I took this book with me on a business trip, figuring I would have quiet time on the plane and in the hotel to read it. Little did I know that I was going to be reading pages over and over again. Either because I was too tired to pay attention (it was some long days) or because the logic was getting a bit confused. I made it to around page 280, but I can't make myself pick it up again. I don't care. I get that he is crazy, but I don't care.

It is going in the box of items to get donated - library or used book store. Just make more room on the shelf.

2 comments:

Tanya Kleinman said...

This is one of those books that I've always felt like I should read but have never gotten around to it. Maybe someday...

On a very different literary note...just finished Honeymoon With My Brother which I enjoyed. Now, on to Salt!

Kristin said...

I was JUST talking about this book and how I'd never read it. The friend on the other side of the conversation said she just couldn't get through it. Seems to be a concensus. I will proabbly never even try.

Oh, regarding book donations. My brother recently sent me a link to the Camel Book Drive. Just another option.