Monday, March 11, 2013

Friendly Cat

When I was a kid, my mom did not want cats - it's funny because she has now had a cat for most of the last 25 years.  At one point, I had 4 cats.  All of these cats were primarily friendly.  There was one hard case in bunch.  But she was indoor/outdoor, she came to you if she wanted attention.  And even that cat came back after my brother put her out to walk on a frozen pool.

For the last 9 years I have been living with an "attack cat".  One who attacks my ankles or bites that hand that pets her. A cat that loved to sit on the back of the couch and hit the kids in the head when they were learning to walk.  Thankfullly, she has been declawed.  (A friend of mine insists it is the declawing that makes her attack, I contend it was the years of fight training/playing with my husband.)

But yesterday, a friendly cat has come to call in our backyard.  Even if we don't keep her, even if she disappears unexpectedly, it has been nice to have a friendly purring cat to pet when I go in the yard.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

The friendly cat is certainly a happy thought. I almost miss Penny's cats around here, and I'm allergic. I definitely miss our neighborhood cat, Wilhelmina, who would come in to nap on occasion.