Thursday, May 11, 2006

Reqiurements document - DCF & ECM Teams

Most of my reading the last two weeks has been for work. While I was out for 5 months, they were defining the requirements (or at least attempting to) for the next release of the project. It's a difficult read, although it does seem to have something for everyone.
  • A little non-fiction - descriptions of pertinent functions;
  • some mystery - what did they mean by that? what are they trying to accomplish?;
  • fantasy/sci-fi - can it read your mind and do it for you?.
You would think that 2 weeks of looking at it, I would have made it through the 140+ pages. Unfortunately, I made it to about 110, then started back at the beginning - rewording, adding comments. But now it is 170+ pages... I'll never finish.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm starting to believe that you really won't finish. It's been a while!

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

It's true, I haven't finished it. Adding comments and analyzing what's there - so far, I have turned it from 130 pages to 166, and I am up to page 136 - still 30 pages to go. Not good progress.