Thursday, June 01, 2006

Seabiscuit - Laura Hillenbrand

Yes, even though I have yet to finish the requirements document )because I decided to go back and analyze it before I bothered to finish the first pass), I read Seabiscuit in my spare time. I love well written non-fiction. The first part of the book took me a little while to read - a day or two, but then I couldn't put it down. Hillenbrand did a wonderful job of mixing information about horse racing, the time period, and the characters. It flowed nicely - I even found myself reading sections aloud to Higgy while I read - always a good sign.

I know I skimmed over some of the details, so I look forward to reading this book again. Hopefully, she will find the energy and interest to write another one.

Oh - and more posts should be coming - I had a productive trip to the store - one Dean Koontz, 2 L.E. Modesitt's, a Laurie King, and the first book in a series by David Webber that Higgy recommended.

No comments: