Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

This book reminds me of Who Moved my Cheese? Simple easy reading with a hammer of a moral to the story. There were parts that made me think a little. I liked the idea that enthusiasm is as much a universal language as love is. I like the idea that everyone has a personal goal and that the universe is trying to get you to it - although not always in ways that you would understand. However, I liked the book more as I was reading it than I do in the days after finishing it. It was easy to get sucked into the philosophy of the book (much like when I read Ayn Rand). However, the lingering taste is not necessarily one that I treasure.

I think I will keep it and pass it to others and try to read it again in a while. Maybe it will improve with another reading?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

It reminded me of The Celestine Prophecy. Not my favorite book ever but it was OK. Or am I thinking of By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept? I get them confused.