Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Books to look forward to...

Last year I gave the preview of what I would be reading in the coming year, so here's an update on what is to come...

Received for Xmas:
Your Money or Your Life - Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin
A History of the World in 6 Glasses - Tom Standage
Banker to the Poor - Muhammad Yunus
A Feast for Crows - George R.R. Martin
The Blind Side - Michael Lewis

Book Club for the next few months:
Firmin: Adventures of a Metropolitan Lowlife by Sam Savage
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
The Accidental Masterpiece by Michael Kimmelman
The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Stanley Robinson
Where I Was From by Joan Didion


Books left over from last year's list:
The Invisible Circus - Jennifer Egan
White Fang - Jack London
The Christmas Box -Richard Paul Evans
Adam Bede - George Elliot
The Cloister Walk, Dakota and Amazing Grace - Kathleen Norris
Under the Banner of Heaven - Jon Krakauer
Selected Fiction - Henry James
The Time of Our Singing - Richard Powers
The Winter of Our Discontent - John Steinbeck
Stolen Lives - Malika Oufkin
Dearest Friend, A life of Abigail Adams - Lynne Withey
Africans in America, America's Journey through Slavery
Time to be in Earnest - PD James
Sappho's Leap - Erica Jong
A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
Sixth Precinct - Christopher Newman
Protect and Defend - Richard North Patterson
Family Orchard - Nomi Eve
PG County - Connie Briscoe

For the other books I have already on my shelf, which as you can see from last year's list doesn't mean I'll read it anytime this year, I have added an applet on the bottom of the blog. It's a facebook application that allows you to put in your coming reading and what you are reading now. I still have to add in the books I got from Christmas and the ones coming up in book club, but it will give you a look at what is lying around - in case anyone cares.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Well, that's just fun. I've been all over the map with books since my trip. I need to get back into the habit.