Monday, March 03, 2008

Safe Haven - Hannah Alexander

This one was lying around my parents house when I was taking a break. As expected, I picked it up and made it through 80% of the book before I headed back home. It's part of a Christian medical thriller series and I won't be going out of my way to finish it. I would pick it up if I happened to see it, but I have a pretty good idea where it will end up. The beginning of the book was pretty light on the save your soul message but the references to finding / relying on God are getting more and more frequent. The mystery isn't all that mysterious or thrilling to me, although I suppose if I finish the book I could be surprised.

Update March 7, 2008: Mom hand delivered the book to my house, so I finished it. I had barely 30 pages to go. Yup, just as a suspected. Not terrible, but not brilliant either. Since I am reading so much less these days, I am trying to be more selective in what goes onto my To Read shelf. Books by this author are unlikely to make it.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I've never read a Christian medical thriller. I'm not so sure I'd like it but I shouldn't discount anything I haven't tried.