Monday, April 14, 2008

In a Dark House - Deborah Crombie

Set in London, this detective story must be part of a series. Rarely do I pick up a book in the middle of a series, but this time I did without even knowing it. I don't even know how this book ended up on my "To Read" pile - probably the friend I currently work for... I enjoyed the obviously recurring characters along with the mystery itself. While many mystery books rely on coincidences to make things happen, this one turned them around a little bit.

I find myself wanting to read the books that precede this one and the ones that come after; a good sign. I may keep it and re-read it when I get to it's spot on the chronological order of the series. But I'll definitely pass it around to other readers.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sounds good. I'll have to keep an eye out for the series. I haven't read a good mystery in I don't know how long.