Friday, December 12, 2008

Books in bed

I've been sick for about a week. It's left me tired and resting during O's bedtime routine. I've been unable to read bedtime stories without coughing so much that O asks "are you ok?" followed by "here's bob, he'll make you feel better" or "we could watch Sesame Street to make you feel better."

So when it was time for another book before bed, he decided to read it to himself sitting next to me while I read mine. He pointed to the pictures and talked to himself. He gave the little boy in the story advice - "you should wipe your feet", "you're making a mess" and then asked questions - "what is this for?". It was the nice end to a tiring day.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick! The books in bed do sound lovely, though.