Monday, January 01, 2007

Darkfall - Dean R Koontz

One of the early Koontz books finally made it into my house. I have no idea how I missed picking it up years ago. Thanks to Mum, I have the complete collection.

This was a return to the days when Koontz wrote horror. The kind of horror where you start looking at your house and wondering how secure it is. It was a pleasant read but it was more cliche than original. Ice maiden cop falls for respectable, righteous partner. Psycho villain starts mob war and threatens respectable guy's kids. The twist was the use of voodoo by the psycho villain. I really enjoyed the book, even when I could see the twists coming. It was nicely paced with enough of the horror to keep the light close, but not enough to make sure someone was in the room with you.

As with any Koontz book, it will go on the shelf.

Happy new year!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I used to love Koontz. Maybe I should revisit him - new year, new books. Not a bad combination.