Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Footprints of God - Greg Iles

During my trip last week, I brought 3 books with me, figuring that I would want something other than A Peace to End All Peace with me. Footprints of God was on the top of the thriller/mystery pile, so I grabbed it (yes, the reading pile is organized by type of book...) I hadn't heard anything about the book or the author, I just knew I had 2 by him.

While stuck at the airport for hours (my flight was cancelled), I started the book. It started a little slow - even given that the beginning is about the death of one man and the surveillance they lived under. But once it got underway, I was hooked. It is about the creation of artificial intelligence and it gave me something to think about other than just what was going to happen next. What would be artificial intelligence and what would be a new species? Does God get involved in our lives? Would I be willing to kill someone to save those I love?

I finished the book not long after I landed - a quick read with things to think about. I'll be passing it on to friends and hoping it comes back.

No comments: