Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Reign of the Rat - Gil Smolin

This was one give to my by my sister -even signed by the author. He happens to be a patient of hers. I started it when I wanted a little something (10 minutess) before going to sleep. The next thing I knew I was finished and it was 3 hours later.

This is another one of those medical thriller books. People are dying and no one can find the cure. It spreads and still no one can find the cure. It bounces back and forth between the different main characters within chapters. This makes it very difficult to put down - there just never seems to be a break in the action. One of the things I really appreciated about this book was that the medical background and research points didn't slow the pace of the book. They were covered as succinctly as possible, so I didn't find myself skimming over that kind of information as I looked for the book to get going again.

I recommend it, but I am going to have to return it to my sister.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I enjoy a good, quick read and I haven't picked up a medical thriller in ages.