Monday, July 16, 2007

Dead Certain - Mariah Stewart

Higgy went off to the used book store and picked me up some light reading for my one day travel extravaganza. This is the follow up to Dead Wrong which I read in Hawaii. I was flying to and from Salt Lake City on the same day - I needed something light to keep me entertained even while my mind was working off less than 6 hours sleep. Getting up at 4a is hard, especially, when it feels like 1a because you are still jet lagged from your last trip!

This book fit the bill. It's the continuation of the Strangers on a Train / Throw Momma from the Train storyline from Dead Wrong. Now the second killer is out of jail and out to get his assigned victims. This, of course, has all the fun storylines as the first book. One intended victim finds out they are the target and the rest of the book is spent having them evade the killer and then the predictable love interest aspect. But it was fun and quick - and just enough for my poor tired brain to comprehend.

I'll keep it while I get through the rest of the series - 2 more I think.

No comments: