Monday, July 30, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling

It is true, I have enjoyed the Potter series in book and movie form. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was the last movie I saw before Owen was born and it may be that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be the last one I see before the next baby is born. I read the last book in one night, it was quick and easy. A relatively painless few hours - yes, there is death and destruction as you would expect. But, I was almost disappointed. I didn't feel like I couldn't put it down, I finished it more because I was still awake and not ready to fall asleep yet. And when the book was done, I didn't feel the need to talk about it with others. There weren't unfinished threads to discuss. So, while I enjoyed it and think it finished off the series nicely, I won't say I loved it. But as a series ending book, it definitely closed things up.

It'll go on the shelf and one day we'll be reading the series with our kids.

No comments: