Thursday, October 11, 2007

Natural Ordermage - L.E. Modesitt, Jr

For the first time in reading the Saga of Recluce series I find myself wanting to read the series in the chronological order of the books rather than in the order they are published. Natural Ordermage includes excerpts of history books detailing what happened in earlier books in the series - each colored with the politics of the land producing the history. While I remember the books vaguely, my memory does not correspond to the accounts in the histories, so I find myself wanting to go back to those sections of the series and read them in historical order. Of course, whether those sections of the series were written from the point of view of Order or Chaos will color the account.

I particularly like this series because it constantly moves back and forth between the Order or Chaos side of the story - showing that neither side is completely evil, they just look at the world in different ways - and try to control it differently based on those points of view. This is something more people need to try - seeing the world from both sides.

This book will reside in the library - since I have read the rest of the books in the series at least twice through if not more.

No comments: