Thursday, March 23, 2006

Autobiography of a Yogi - Paramahansa Yogananda

A year ago, my new chiropractor told me I needed to read Autobiography of a Yogi. I picked it up soon after my visit (my shoulders definitely all fixed!) and proceeded to put myself to sleep with it. Since I never finished it, it sat with unbroken spine where it could mock me - within view of my desk. Whenever I think of going back to the chiropractor, I think - but I never finished that book he told me to read. As if he's going to remember recommending it???

Now that I have finally found a yoga studio I like (I've been to 5 classes in the last 8 days - and I am hoping to make it to class again tonight), I thought I would pick it up again. I have made it further than I did last time. Past the Tiger Swami, and the Swami with 2 bodies. Now he has finally become a yogi - has his own school and everything. But it is still putting me to sleep.

At this rate, it might be easier to find another chiropractor than to finish this book.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I've never been to a chiropractor or a yoga class. Probably not a book high on my list unless I suffer from insomnia, I guess.

Lisa (aka TCMH) said...

K - I turned to yoga after I kept getting ear infections from swimming. It gives you that same sense of getting time to think that you get from the solo swim. Or at least it does for me.

Kristin said...

I might have to consider yoga. I do like the time to think that I get with swimming but sometimes I just don't want to get practically naked and sopping wet.